Thursday, March 20, 2008

3-20 in class free write

A.)Word Association...
1."WAR": I think of troops being flown off to other countries to fight and battle for freedom. In my mind war seems gloomy and dark and the sounds associated with it are either gun shots, the sound of explosions, planes flying, or complete silence.The way i think of war as an image has some to do with the Iraq footage as well as war movies.

2."GUNNER": When i think of gunner i picture a man aiming with a gun just ready to shoot when the opportunity is available. i think the sound is mainly silent until he shoots which is when you hear constant gun shots.

3."ATTACK": I think of soldiers firing guns, bombs etc; and I think of soldiers running around and taking cover trying to survive and fight at the same time not knowing what's going to happen next. The word attack in my mind seems alarming and would be like bright red or yellow, and the sounds I would associate it with are loud gun shots, explosions, and yelling.

B.) My strongest associations with the term "WORLD WAR II" are soldiers fighting and people wanting peace.

No comments: